Consumer Reports stated that clicking on likes in Facebook brings spam and increases the likelihood one will be hacked.
Is this True? Well, it’s a bit more complicated than that. But there are several ways to keep your account safe.
FIVE TIPS TO AVOID FALLING PREY TO THE FACEBOOK HACKERS
- Check your Facebook privacy settings
- Periodically check your Facebook page likes to make sure nothing fishy has occurred
- Make sure you update your internet browser software (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Firefox)
- Make sure you update your operating system regularly (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS)
- Install and regularly update some reputable anti-virus and malware removal software
- Log out every time you use and finish with Facebook
To Check your Privacy Settings and Log Out of Open Sessions
- click on the little downward facing arrow in the upper right corner and then go to Settings
- next click on Security and Login on the left
- and find your way over to the middle “Where you’re Logged In”
- click on See More
- and then proceed to close all the sessions that you don’t recognize and or old ones before 9/2018
- to close the open sessions > click on the 3 little vertical dots next to the session
- then click Sign Out!
- Do the same for Privacy
- Your Privacy settings should be Friends only
Remember that YOU are in charge.
So now will you please like my FB page? 😉 http://www.facebook.com/hammerized
Check out my blog for tips and tricks https://hammerizedproductions.wordpress.com/tips-tricks/