I just received this email from a former student/client –
Is this for real?
“Don’t forget tomorrow starts the new Facebook rule where they can use your photo.
I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). NOTE: Facebook is now a public entity. All members must post a note like this. If you prefer, you can copy and paste this version. If you do not publish a statement at least once it will be tacitly allowing the use of your photos, as well as the information contained in the profile status updates.”
DO NOT SHARE. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE IT TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS.
BTW – this is an old post – been around for years and it goes on and on and on…
- It’s extremely annoying
- This is how the virus spreads and spreads
- And it doesn’t do or help anything
- STOP DOING THE NAME TESTs
YOU Check your Privacy Settings –
- YOU go to Privacy Settings >
- Make your privacy settings “Friends”, and “Only Me”
- Go to Settings
- Go to Privacy
- Change Who Can Send Your Friends Requests to “Friends of Friends”
- Change Who Can See Your Friends List to “Only Me”
- Change the Rest to “Friends”
The I Only See 25 Friends –
- Go to your News Feed Preferences
- Click Prioritize Who to See First
- Peruse through your Friends and Click on the ones You Want to See
- And Unfollow the Friends that You Don’t Want to See
- Click Done when you are finished