Just in case you didn’t know, yet – Google has a brand-new App called Backup and Sync – which basically backs up your entire computer into Google Drive (Google’s Cloud) just like you would with a Terabyte or Apple’s Time Machine.
All you need to use is a Google account > You don’t need a Gmail email address.
How to Download Google Backup and Sync App:
- On your Computer > in your web browser >
- click on this link https://www.google.com/drive/download/backup-and-sync/
- click the blue download backup and sync button
- follow the on-screen instructions
How to Use Google Backup and Sync:
- Once downloaded and installed (your computer will prompt you)
- Open your Finder window on your Mac or File Explorer (yellow) folders on your PC
- Also in a browser window Go To: https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive
- You will see your Computer > My Computer on the left sidebar > click on the right facing arrow to see your backed up files from your Computer
- If Sync doesn’t start automatically > you can click New > and select which folders/files you want to upload from your Computer
Pretty cool, right?
Any problems > I’m here to help!
Good Luck and happy backing up and syncing…